I would prefer that you follow the first method mentioned since it is easier in that method. Please follow the steps provided below to add the page number first and then add your name later:
- Launch Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- On the “Insert” tab, in the “Header & Footer” group, click on “Page Number”.
- Click on “Top of Page”, “Bottom of Page”, or “Page Margins”, depending on where you want page numbers to appear in your document.
- Choose a page number design from the gallery of designs depending on where to position the page number and your name in the document.
- Now to add content or to enter your name, please do one of the following steps:
· To insert header or footer content before the page number, type the content, and then press TAB to position the content.
· To insert header or footer content after the page number, press the END key, press TAB, and then enter the content.
· If you chose a design from the Page Margins designs, click in the header or footer, and add the content that you want.
Now you may enter not only your name but any other content in addition to the page number in the Header in Microsoft Office Word 2007.
If you would like to add page numbers after you have entered content in the Header and for more information about how to add a document title, author’s name, or any other document properties, please visit the following Microsoft link:
For general information about how to insert Headers and Footers in Microsoft Office Word 2007, please visit the following link: