1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge (\Program Files\Verizon...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system
The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.
If the issue persists, please refer to the method below.
1. Click "Start", and then click "Search (->For Files or Folders)".
2. In the Search Companion dialog box, click "All files and folders".
3. Type "PSAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) in the "All or part of the file name" box.
4. In the "Look in" box, type "C:\Program Files" (without quotation marks).
5. Click "More advanced options" to make sure that the "Search subfolders", "Search hidden files and folders", and "Search system folders" are selected.
6. Click "Search".
After search, right-click the PSAPI.DLL, choose Rename and type PSAPIOLD.DLL
Please restart the computer to test this issue, if it persists, please refer to the method below.
Now, let’s try to disable the motive SB.exe from starting up.
1. Click "Start", go to "Run", and type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility.
2. Click the "Startup" tab,
- Uncheck the item "Motive SmartBridge" (if exist)
- Uncheck the item "SBC Self Support Tool" (if exist)
4. Click "OK" to restart your computer to Selective Startup environment.
5. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.
6. Please check if the error disappeared or not.