To download Microsoft Paint on your Windows XP Home Edition.
If you are running Windows XP Home Edition, then it may be possible that it is already installed on it. To check whether Microsoft Paint is installed, please follow these steps:
- Click “Start”
- Click “Run”
- In the Run command window, type “mspaint” and Click OK.
If Microsoft Paint is launched, then it is already installed. In case Microsoft Paint fails to launch then please follow these steps to install Microsoft Paint. Note that you would require your Windows XP Home Edition installation CD to perform the steps provided below:
- Click "Start".
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Click "Add/Remove Window Components”.
- Click “Accessories and Utilities".
- Click "Accessories".
- Check the box corresponding to "Paint" (If the box is already checked then Microsoft Paint is already installed on your system).
- Click OK or Accept on all the windows.
You may have to restart Windows XP for the settings to take effect.