To disable the sound:
- Click on “Start” menu on the taskbar.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Double click on “Sounds and Devices”.
- In the dialog box, click on “Sounds” tab.
- In the “Program Events” area, scroll down and click on “Start Navigation”.
- Next, in the “Sounds” area, select the option as “None” (which is the first option in the drop down menu).
- Click on “Apply” and then on “OK”.
The click sound should be disabled now and hope you will enjoy the experience using Internet Explorer 7.0.